Things have been moving along with this pregnancy of mine. I cannot believe how far along I am in this process. It's still surreal I am carrying a tiny human inside my body. I'm currently 24 weeks!
I am so grateful and fortunate to not have severe symptoms.
During my first trimester:
- I felt minor nausea (which was ironically mitigated by eating)
- I had serious food cravings and constantly felt ravenous (I wanted Super Duper burgers and fries, Annie's Cheddar Bunnies, Clif Kid Fruit Ropes, cheesy goodness like mac & cheese or quesadillas, donuts and apples)
- I had to carry snacks all the time
- I witnessed body changes immediately (baggy tops were definitely needed)
- I experienced desires for naps throughout the day (I was never a big nap person before)
- I have mood swings that are quite instant. Thank you to a patient and understanding husband!
- Nausea has dissipated
- Food cravings have also dissipated but, every now and again, I want particular things that I can't get over until I eat them. Thankfully, the desires are more healthy options like fruits and salads
- Obvious body changes continue
- Exhaustion is not as severe either but, if I'm not up and about I can fall asleep
- Mood swings still exist
I am going through a major learning curve with not only my body but also with my future. As my husband and I adapt our home to invite a new person to the family, we are also meeting new people who are newly pregnant as well and we bond over the experience. Having always been an introvert, socializing with people who are going through this (or have gone through this) has been a welcome desire.
I've never been sure I could be a good mother but, I already feel an incredible amount of love for this kid. People kindly remind me that nothing in life is perfect and I can't predict anything. So "going with the flow" is important.
I remind myself constantly that things will be OK and I am perpetually grateful for this experience.
Thanks for joining me on this journey!