photography by JWL Photography
They say that time flies when you're having fun. Well, I am having a blast since the husband and I are celebrating two years of wedded bliss together today and I can't believe it's been two years already! I rarely delve into much about my personal life but obviously writing a blog means sharing some parts of my life, whether it's through my usual outfit posts or writing a bit more in depth like these posts. While I don't say much about my life with my husband, it is one I cherish so I can't help but write about him.
I have to say, it's pretty cool to see how I felt this time last year. I still feel the same in so many ways but I also feel like we've grown even more together this year.
- A lot of habits I thought were secret are not so secret. He seriously notices the littlest of things that I thought were unnoticeable It not only made me laugh when he told me this but also made me appreciate the fact that he noticed. It even surprised me to know he knew me that well. I wouldn't have guessed it.
- We had only one HUGE (and I mean HUGE) fight this year but, it made me feel so bad that I never want to have anything like that again. The argument happened in the morning, it didn't last long and we even made up by lunch time. BUT it was rough. It was also a huge eye opener that we didn't see eye to eye on everything and we still have LOTS to learn about each other...even after all this time together.
- I don't take what he does for granted. We are so limited in time. We both work a lot and have so much going on that being together, at least for me, is precious. If he takes time out of his busy schedule to pick me up, to buy me a cup of coffee or even clean the house, I tell him thank you and mean it.
- We went to our first wedding as a married couple together just this summer. It was pretty dorky how excited I was to attend a wedding as a married couple but I love that it reminded me of how I felt and what I did (or didn't do) at my own wedding. It was also different for me seeing someone else get married since I understood what the vows meant on a different level. I always understood saying "I do" was special but having gone through the experience myself, it seemed more special.
- We finally took a trip together as a married couple. We have yet to go on a proper honeymoon. GASP. I know. It seems strange to even say but we just haven't done that part. We were so nontraditional with our wedding but our honeymoon was something we just didn't have time or money for when we got married. Everyone says we should have done this of all things and they say that we have no excuses anymore but, I'm sure we'll get to it...soon.