wedding photo: JWL Photography
It's that time of the year for me when it's the only appropriate (or annoying?) moment to rewind and showcase a wedding photo. It's otherwise known as our wedding anniversary. Yup. Just three years ago, we made things official.
There's no specific formula for how relationships should be. As viewers, we only see the best of times and the most flattering photos. But, there's real grit in between all of the pretty. After year one and year two, we've grown more mature and learned more about the world around us. We've changed as a couple and as individuals. But, the best part of the process is seeing how we take things on together.
- We love to dine! We love to go out and find new restaurants to try. Whether the place is a fancy dining spot or a hole-in-the-wall we try them all. I'm always flagging restaurants I want to eat at and I love that moment when we check them off our list. But, we also cook a lot at home. Of course it saves us money but it also strengthens our skills. He's the baker in the relationship and I'm definitely the cook.
- We love sports. To be fair, he's more of a fanatic than I am. I'm specifically into baseball and football but he loves so much more. Baseball. Football. Hockey. Soccer. Basketball. I used to make fun of him for it but, I admire his enthusiasm. He can spew stats and figures like a pro. I liken that to how I am with fashion. I suppose we're stereotypical male/female that way.
- We love the cultural scene. We're by no means saying we're socialites or connoisseurs but, going to the museum or watching a play/musical is fun - especially for an introvert like myself. It's so adult of us ain't it?
- Music moves us. He definitely has more of a handle on the music scene than me. When we first started dating, his music library was massive compared to mine. Because of him, I've been exposed to a lot of different music. Good thing we share similar tastes or it would have been a rocky learning experience.
- We're both nerdy. He's into the tech life. Games, computers, games, computers. He lives and breathes it. I'm into books and crafts. Put me in craft or book store and I can get lost for hours. While our passions differ, we understand where the passion comes from so we appreciate each other's interests. I may not want to sit and game with him but, I can sit and read right next to him.
Happy anniversary dear husband. You are a great partner in crime.
And thank you dear readers for indulging me with this personal post.